Polyester is widely used in the manufacture of clothing and industrial products. Due to its permanent flame retardancy, flame-retardant polyester has a wide range of applications. In addition to its irreplaceable role in industrial textiles, architectural interior decoration, and vehicle interior decoration, it also plays a number of roles in the field of protective clothing. According to the national standards for flame-retardant protective clothing, metallurgy, forestry, chemical, petroleum, and fire-fighting departments should use flame-retardant protective clothing. The number of people who should use flame-retardant protective clothing in China is more than one million, and the market potential of flame-retardant protective clothing is huge. In addition to pure flame-retardant polyester, it can produce flame-retardant, waterproof, oil-repellent, anti-static and other multi-functional series products according to the special requirements of users. For example, waterproof and oil-repellent finishing of flame-retardant polyester fabric can improve the functionality of flame-retardant clothing; use flame-retardant polyester and conductive fiber to produce antistatic flame-retardant fabric; use flame-retardant fiber and high-performance fiber for blending , It can produce high-performance flame-retardant fabrics; flame-retardant fibers are blended with cotton, viscose and other fibers to improve the comfort of protective clothing and reduce secondary burns.
1. The light fastness of polyester fabric is better, except that it is worse than acrylic fiber, its light fastness is better than natural fiber fabric. Especially the light fastness behind the glass is very good, almost on par with acrylic fiber.
2. Polyester fabric has poor hygroscopicity, it has a stuffy feeling in summer, and it is easy to be charged with static electricity in winter, which affects comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength hardly drops, does not deform, and has good wash and wear properties.
3. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery ability, so it is durable, anti-wrinkle and non-ironing.
4. Polyester is the best heat-resistant fabric among synthetic fabrics. It has thermoplastic properties and can be made into pleated skirts with long-lasting pleated skirts.
5. Polyester fabric has good resistance to various chemicals. Acid and alkali are not very harmful to it, and they are not afraid of molds and insects.